- Tion Green is already one of the best personal stories of the Detroit Lions’ 2017 season: An undrafted rookie whose play in the final preseason game earned him a spot on the 53-man roster that he has yet to relent three-quarters of the way through the season.
But the legend of Tion Green grew this week, as he made his first in-game appearance and took his first NFL touch for 33 yards. And as luck would have it, his mother surprised Green by showing up in Baltimore to watch him play, despite having no idea that Green would be in the lineup for the first time all season.
RB @TionGreen's mom came all the way from Florida to Baltimore for her first @NFL game. #OnePride pic.twitter.com/AXZOlODkhp— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 5, 2017
This is just an awesome story all around. It was his mother’s first NFL game, she correctly predicted that he would be active for the first time and score an NFL touchdown, and she gets to witness it all from the end zone.
- Lions safety Tavon Wilson appears to have undergone shoulder surgery and is on the road to recovery:
Surgery went great. All praise to God. Ready for the journey to recovery! #Lions #onePride pic.twitter.com/yJ6wLNMnul— Tavon Wilson (@tavonwilson) December 5, 2017
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press broke down what went wrong on the play the Lions only sported nine defenders against the Ravens.
- The Lions defense isn’t getting pressure, even when they decide to blitz:
When these Defenses decide to blitz, they get the most pressure on opposing Quarterbacks!— NFL Matchup on ESPN (@NFLMatchup) December 4, 2017
Note the top 2 #PITvsCIN - should be an interesting one tonight on #MNF#HereWeGo #Bengals50 #HTTR #Chargers #FlyEaglesFly #Jaguars #GoNiners #BeRedSeeRed #RaiderNation #GoSaints #Texans pic.twitter.com/flEwSvoiGV
- Kyle Meinke of MLive gave three things he learned from Lions-Ravens. Interestingly, he believes the Lions made the right choice in not trading Eric Ebron.
- Matthew Stafford Hand Watch: On Monday he had three fingers wrapped, but no longer hand the huge bandage on his hand:
Our weekly chat with Matthew Stafford coming up at 6:20. We talk about his hand, the loss and where this team goes from here. #Fox2 @Lions pic.twitter.com/9GZ8dPdka9— Dan Miller (@DanMillerFox2) December 4, 2017
(You can watch the interview here)
- According to Vegas oddsmakers, both Jim Bob Cooter and Teryl Austin are among the favorites to fill the head coaching vacancy for the New York Giants.