- Eric Ebron has had a really nice streak of games, and we aren’t the only ones to notice. Ebron made Football Outsiders’ Best of November team. Just look at these stats provided by the analytics website:
TE Eric Ebron, DET: Third in receiving DYAR among TE in November; caught 13 of 18 passes for 157 yards, 7 first downs and a TD.
- Matthew Stafford is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the NFL... when he gets a clean pocket:
QBs from a clean pocket, % of aimed passes deemed catchable:#Skol Case Keenum 100%#DaBears Mitchell Trubisky 100%#OnePride Matthew Stafford 95.5%— John Kosko (@PFF_JohnKosko) December 6, 2017
.#Browns DeShone Kizer 65.2%#GoBills Nathan Peterman 60%#DallasCowboys Dak Prescott 53.3%
- According to an NFL press release, Darius Slay still leads all NFC cornerbacks in Pro Bowl voting. The rest of the Lions roster? Not doing so well:
Darius Slay now 3rd in Pro Bowl voting among CBs. Stafford not among the top 10 at QBs & Glover Quin not among the top 10 at FS.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 6, 2017
Darius Slay is third in Pro Bowl voting at cornerback, and leads everyone in the NFC. T.J. Lang is seventh at guard, Matt Prater eighth at kicker, Jamal Agnew fourth at returner— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 6, 2017
- Brian Burke of ESPN Analytics believes Jim Caldwell only has a 10 percent chance of being fired after this season (Insider required).
- Matthew Stafford is now second in the league in passing yards and has a cartoon character that looks nothing like him:
2017 Passing Yards Leaders! (Through Week 13) pic.twitter.com/CT4L0QFK8K— NFL (@NFL) December 6, 2017
- Special teamer Don Carey was Wired for Sound against the Baltimore Ravens. He sounds like one of the biggest motivators on the team.
- After the game on Sunday, Jim Caldwell took responsibility for the nine men on the field incident. He also apparently told his players to keep quiet about that play when talking to the media:
Asked a Lions player about having 9 men on the field, he said “We were told not to talk about it”— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 6, 2017
- Joe Flacco’s game against the Lions earned him the highest Pro Football Focus grade of the week among quarterbacks.