- As first reported by Detroit Jock City, the Detroit Lions have increased season ticket prices by an overall average of 2.8 percent. However, as Detroit Jock City points out, about half of season ticket holders either saw no increase in price or even a small decrease. Here’s the layout of prices for season ticket holders:
Lions season ticket prices for 2017 pic.twitter.com/le6iqztd9j— Detroit Lions Videos (@DetroitVideos) February 10, 2017
- Dave Birkett has more on ticket prices and notes that although this is the fourth straight year of increased ticket prices, this is the smallest increase of the four years.
- Tigers and Red Wings owner—and overall Detroit sports legend—-Mike Ilitch died at the age of 87 on Friday. Lions president Rod Wood offered an official statement from the team:
- Kerry Hyder was named the Media Friendly “Good Guy” of the year award by the Detroit media for his friendly relationship with the press.
- The Lions ran down the top five rookie plays from the 2016 season:
- Tim Twentyman has the Lions’ top five needs this offseason, kicking off with a talented pass rusher.
- Gil Brandt put together his 2016 All-Rookie team. The squad included two Lions rookies. One is an easy choice, the other may surprise you.