- Make Tanier of Football Outsiders and Bleacher Report thinks that Patriots defensive end Chris Long would be a good fit with the Detroit Lions. As you may remember, Long admitted he nearly went to the Lions during last year’s free agency period.
- Matthew Stafford is good friends with Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, as evidenced by their church league basketball championship team last year. It appears the Lions quarterback is hanging out with the league MVP again this offseason:
- Speaking of quarterbacks, the Lions could be in the market for one now that Dan Orlovsky isn’t part of the team’s future plans. Pro Football Focus listed the top 10 quarterbacks set to hit free agency. Orlovsky did not make the list.
- Tim Twentyman profiled five running backs to watch at the upcoming NFL Combine.
- Remember that time Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 40-yard dash? I miss that guy.
- Bleacher Report’s Gary Davenport believes Riley Reiff is the one free agent the Lions must re-sign.
- Miles Killebrew told a story about fronting the bill as a rookie to a Utah radio station:
@MilesKillebrew Detroit Lions safety tells Devin about his rookie dinner bill @SUUFB Great rookie year for #35! pic.twitter.com/cD0AgEMeze— Sports Radio 97.7FM (@devdixon) February 16, 2017
- Former Lions offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz has a new YouTube series breaking down offensive line play. His first episode on the “inside zone” concept is pretty informative: