Technical difficulties delayed the PODcast, but we’re back around in time to keep you company through this long offseason. Free agency looms, but there’s plenty of questions to answer about the Detroit Lions and their plans in the time being.
Much hinges on Anquan Boldin and his decision whether to continue to play with the Lions, another team or retire; and yet such a decision could have a massive impact on the plans for the team moving forward on offense. Will Eric Ebron need to pick up the slack? Will the Lions attempt to introduce a two tight end scheme? It puts into question the future of the offense.
We also take the time to sit down and continue our review series by talking about the linebackers. They weren’t good this year, Bob, but what’s the answer? Do the Lions target a specific position or just go for the best linebacker possible? Does that come from free agency or the draft? Who is sticking around and who will the Lions part ways with? All this and so much more as we get PODcast rolling. Be sure to listen.
Download and subscribe to the PODcast on iTunes, or check us out on Stitcher.
This week on the PODcast
- Rundown on the big names out there in free agency. It’s looming close and the possibilities are growing as teams start to make cuts.
- One of the big free agency questions we stumble upon: how will the Lions address the inside receiving game if Anquan Boldin doesn’t return to the team? Does it open up the possibilities for more tight ends, or will the Lions need to look for another receiver to continue their current offensive scheme?
- How willing should the Lions be to break the bank on a big free agent at a position of need?
- We continue the positional review talking about linebackers, the scapegoat of the defense in 2016, and try to figure out where it can improve for 2017.
- Mailbag discusses the worst of the worst in general managers in sports, who would win in fights, Ameer Abdullah and theories about a flat earth.