- Just over a week after unveiling huge upgrades coming to club level seating and the video board at Ford Field, the Detroit Lions announced the details for their new wi-fi system on Thursday. This video does a good job explaining the upgrades: “eight access points” for every 1,000 fans, “quadrupled capacity,” increased cell service and, most importantly, access to the wi-fi for all cell phone providers, not just Verizon.
- Erik Schlitt, in his new gig over at LionsWire, broke down five NFL Combine snubs that the Lions should consider drafting.
- Current Lions coach Jim Caldwell met up with former coach Steve Mariucci at a Michigan State basketball game on Thursday:
Coach Caldwell and @SteveMariucci taking in tonight's @MSU_Basketball game in East Lansing. pic.twitter.com/iEqlLM9naM— Detroit Lions (@Lions) February 24, 2017
- Dave Birkett previews the Lions’ free agency situation at defensive back and ponders whether the Lions are in the market for Glover Quin’s long-term replacement.
- Dexter Bussey, the Lions’ running back from 1974 to 1984, was inducted to the Texas Black Sports Hall of Fame this week:
- Tickets for the Detroit Lions’ “Taste of the Lions” event are on sale now. For more information on the event click here.
- With all signs pointing to Larry Warford playing elsewhere in 2017, the Lions may need some help at right guard. Tim Twentyman breaks down five guards to watch during next week’s NFL Combine.
- This is pretty neat: Tahir Whitehead has helped create a mobile game called “Tahir’s Playbook” that is aimed at encouraging healthy habits for kids.