It’s that time of year again! Time for you, the Pride Of Detroit reader, to get involved and pretend to be an NFL general manager for a month.
If you are unfamiliar, every year in the month-long lead-up to the NFL Draft, we run a mock draft of our own, using the commenters from this site. 30 lucky readers will get to act as GM for a franchise and we’ll run through two rounds of the draft. Interested? Here’s how it works:
What are the rules for the POD Community Mock Draft?
We'll get a bit more into this once readers are assigned to teams, but here are five important things to keep in mind:
- The Detroit Lions will be represented by Alex Reno, so they already have a GM. There will be no GM for the New England Patriots, as they currently do not have a first or second round pick.
- Teams will be assigned based on how active you are on the site and how long you have been around, so it's not a race to sign up first or anything like that. Newer users will still be considered, but I want to make sure regulars of the site get to participate.
- If you have a first-round pick, you will be asked to provide a 200-300 word write-up. Only sign up if you are comfortable doing this and are capable of writing coherent sentences. No internet slang, please.
- Make sure you can stick to the schedule that will be posted in the coming days. You will be replaced if you can't get your pick in on time. We move pretty fast (3 picks a day), so if you aren’t the kind of person who checks their email several times a day, please do not sign up.
- Sign up for the POD Mock Draft by Thursday March 30th at noon ET. Assignments and the schedule will be released on Friday afternoon.
How do I sign up?
It's pretty simple. Fill out the form below with your username, email (picks will be conducted via email) and top three desired teams. DO NOT CHOOSE MORE THAN THREE OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
After you do that, leave a comment on this post saying that you signed up. It's vital that you fill out the form and leave a comment so I can verify who signed up. If you don't follow these directions, you will not be considered for a spot.