- After declaring the Detroit Lions’ best draft class to be from 1967 (Mel Farr and Lem Barney), ESPN’s Brian Burke and Tony Moss teamed up to find each team’s worst draft class in history, based on Pro Football Focus’ Approximate Value statistic. They found that Detroit’s haul in 2005 (Mike Williams, Shaun Cody, Stanley Wilson, Dan Orlovsky, etc.) was the worst in team history.
- Speaking of bad draft picks, it appears Mike Williams will win Lions Wire’s “Combine of Sorrow” which was a tournament to find the biggest draft bust in Lions history.
- Happy Birthday, Eric Ebron!
Happy Birthday @Ebron85!— Detroit Lions (@Lions) April 10, 2017
RT to show him some bday love. #OnePride pic.twitter.com/4nIR4qealC
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein took a look at the history of the 21st overall pick, and found some impressive players selected at that slot, including Lynn Swann, Randy Moss and Vince Wilfork.
- Lions Wire’s Ty Schalter travels to the year 2019 to see what the Lions’ roster may look like. (Warning: Slideshow-ish)
- The Lions and three other teams combined to spend a ton of money on the offensive line this free agency:
The Lions and 3 other teams invested $158 million in offensive guards in free agency https://t.co/lzUddF9z6O via @freep— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 10, 2017
- Today’s Mock Draft of the Day comes from SB Nation’s Dan Kadar, who slots defensive tackle Malik McDowell and controversial running back Joe Mixon to the Lions in the first two rounds.
- The Lions get back to work in a week, and Tahir Whitehead is pumped:
Back to it in a week and I can't wait. We're building something special #OnePride— Tahir Whitehead (@Big_Tah47) April 10, 2017