- On Wednesday, ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay put out his latest three-round mock draft (Insider required). For the Detroit Lions, McShay picked defensive end Takkarist McKinley, wide receiver Chris Godwin and tight end Bucky Hodges.
- NFL Network show “Path to the Draft” had a decent segment on what the Lions should do with their first three picks in the draft.
- The Lions were one of many teams at Mo Alie-Cox’s workout. Alie-Cox is a tight end prospect who played college basketball at VCU.
NFL teams thus far @ Mo Alie-Cox's workout:— Lane Casadonte (@LaneCtvsports) April 11, 2017
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the Lions’ biggest needs and players that could fill those needs in the upcoming draft.
- Justin Rogers of the Detroit News made a Top 50 Big Board for the 2017 NFL draft. (Warning: Big ol’ slideshow)
- Paula Pasche listed the top five draft picks in Lions history (Hint: Two of them are pictured below):
Let the debate begin. Five of #Lions best draft picks ever. Story: https://t.co/SJlB5ByT2Q pic.twitter.com/4SuhnWm1vu— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) April 12, 2017
- Taco Charlton is the pick for the Lions in Dave Birkett’s Mock Draft 3.0. (Warning: Slideshow)
- Nobody tell Kent Platte, but Jace Billingsley is not a fan of draft measurables:
"Measurables" didn't get me to where I'm at and they won't be what keeps me here.— Jace Billingsley (@jacegable) April 12, 2017
(For the record, Jace actually had pretty good measurables out of college).