- In surprising news, NFL vice president of officiating, Dean Blandino, has stepped down from his position and it appears he is going to be joining FOX’s football coverage. The news comes as a shock, considering Blandino was going to be integral for the league’s transition into a centralized review system.
- Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney passed away on Thursday morning. Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford released a statement on his passing:
Martha Ford's statement following the passing of Dan Rooney. pic.twitter.com/q35dRsb58J— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) April 13, 2017
- New Lions offensive guard T.J. Lang donated $500,00 to Eastern Michigan University’s athletic program, as announced by the department on Wednesday.
- Marvin Jones Jr. is getting ready for Lions workouts, which begin on Monday. He’s spent this week working with a legend:
Was great grindin with my idol aka the @RandyMoss this week! Ready to get back to the D and work... pic.twitter.com/tJEsFtTOZe— Marvin Jones Jr (@MarvinJonesJr) April 14, 2017
- A newly signed Lions defensive tackle is already in town for next week’s workouts and is ready to go:
Just touchdown in Detroit time to get to work— Akeem spence (@AkeemSpence) April 14, 2017
- The Lions’ first preseason game has a date and time:
Lions-Colts preseason opener is at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday Aug. 13. Training camps open 15 days before the 1st game so you do the math. https://t.co/Txz9aLtBS2— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 13, 2017
- Today’s Mock Draft of the Day comes from CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco, who gives the Lions an edge rusher in the first round.
- Matthew Stafford contract negotiations update: Still “in the very early stages.”