- Rotoworld’s Patrick Daugherty ranked all current general managers in the NFL and slotted Detroit Lions GM, Bob Quinn, at 22nd overall. Daugherty dings Quinn for having a severely flawed roster at the moment, but credits him for being aggressive in free agency—he also falsely claims Quinn hasn’t traded a draft pick in two years, when he’s only been around for one.
- Erik Schlitt from The Lions Wire investigated which 2017 NFL Draft prospects at defensive end best fit the Lions’ athletic profile.
- The Lions made the re-signings of Cornelius Lucas, TJ Jones, Kerry Hyder and Brandon Copeland official on Tuesday morning:
Lions re-sign restricted free agent T Cornelius Lucas: https://t.co/Km6abTUuqs pic.twitter.com/FfcNsw4dha— Detroit Lions (@Lions) April 18, 2017
- Dave Birkett offered version 4.0 of the best draft fits for the Detroit Lions. (Warning: Slideshow)
- Bad news for Reuben Foster fans:
Reuben Foster rotator cuff not healed at combine re-check, may need another surgery https://t.co/DG6QXF9Sei— Revenge of the Birds (@revengeofbirds) April 17, 2017
- If you didn’t know it already, it turns out Matthew Stafford was a pretty good draft pick in 2009.
From @theMMQB: Of the top 25 picks in '09, two players are still starting for the team that picked them:— Justin Simon (@justincsimon) April 17, 2017
Matthew Stafford and Brian Cushing
- SB Nation has an eye-opening story on NFL players purposely cheating on concussion protocol tests.
- Today’s Mock Draft of the Day comes from CBS’s Dane Brugler, who slots back-to-back linebackers to the Lions in the first two rounds.