- The Packers, like the Lions, started offseason workouts this week, and the absence of former-Packer-turned-Lions guard T.J. Lang is already starting to be felt in the Green Bay locker room. “Not having him in there is different, it’s definitely a big change,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters on Tuesday. His former linemate David Bakhtiari said, “I know he’ll be missed not only among the players but in the media and the staff and everyone.”
- The Lions met with potential first-round edge rusher Takkarist McKinley this week, as part of their 30 pre-draft visits:
UCLA pass rusher Takkarist McKinley visited the Detroit Lions this week, according to a source.— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) April 19, 2017
- Pro Football Focus will be putting out daily Lions articles. In his first article as the Lions analyst, Brett Whitefield tackles Detroit’s lack of pass rush from the 3-tech position.
- Pride Of Detroit favorite, Jace Billingsley, has an awesome nickname given to him by fellow wide receiver Golden Tate:
Golden Tate says he calls Jace Billingsley "The White Thunder." So, there's that.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) April 18, 2017
- Mel Kiper Jr. has a new three-round mock draft (Insider required). For the Lions’ first three picks, Kiper selected cornerback Kevin King, running back Joe Mixon and defensive end Tarell Basham.
- Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey has some fast feet:
- Our Wolverine friends over at Maize N Brew have a nice profile on defensive end prospect Taco Charlton.
- Your “Hard Knocks” team for 2017: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers: