- Over the past 20 or 30 years, the Detroit Lions have become notorious for drafting poorly, but it didn’t always used to be that way. The Lions have actually drafted more Hall of Fame players than most:
- MLive has a pretty neat searchable database of all the Detroit Lions draft picks in the history of the franchise.
- We will see some familiar faces announcing the Lions’ draft picks on Day 2:
Lem Barney will announce the Lions second-round pick while Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee Don Carey will handle the third-rounder.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) April 26, 2017
- After all of the controversies, will Reuben Foster fall to the Lions at 21 overall? Dave Birkett asks several analysts of their opinion.
- Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller has a source within the team that says the Lions could go offensive-heavy in the draft. Is it a legitimate source, or are they playing Miller like a smoke-screen?
- In the ESPN beat writer mock draft, Michael Rothstein chose linebacker Jarrad Davis with the Lions’ first-round pick.
- Today’s Mock Draft of the Day comes from SI.com, who split picks between Chris Burke and Emily Kaplan. In this mock the Lions traded down four spots to pick up T.J. Watt and an extra draft pick.
- This does not bode well for Teddy Bridgewater’s future with the Vikings: