It’s finally Draft Day and we’re going to be all over the 2017 NFL Draft for the next three days. The Detroit Lions have the 21st overall pick, and seven other selections scattered in the final two days of the draft.
General manager Bob Quinn has already won over almost the entire fanbase. He comes into just his second every NFL Draft as a general manager with a whopping 97 percent approval rating.
Considering the Lions are coming off a run in which they nearly saw their first division title in over 20 years, this draft could be Detroit’s most important in several years. The Lions have an opportunity to make a jump from the middle-of-the-pack team they’ve been since 2011 to a real contender, and it starts Thursday night.
So let’s gather and watch as the Lions make their all important first-round draft pick... unless they trade out of it and don’t make a pick at all. Whatever happens, we’ll be here to enjoy the excitement and analyze the Lions’ every move.
As a reminder, the Lions are expected to pick around 10:30 p.m. ET. You can view the estimated times of all their picks here.
The countdown to the draft is on!
Detroit Lions 2017 draft picks
- Round 1, Pick 21 (21 overall)
- Round 2, Pick 21 (53 overall)
- Round 3, Pick 21 (85 overall)
- Round 4, Pick 20 (128 overall)
- Round 5, Pick 21 (165 overall)
- Round 6, Pick 21 (205 overall)
- Round 6, Pick 31 (215 overall) - Via Patriots from Kyle Van Noy Trade
- Round 7, Pick 32 (250 overall) - Via Patriots from Michael Williams Trade