- Like last year, the Detroit Lions shared video of the moment general manager Bob Quinn made the selection of Jarrad Davis in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Unfortunately, there is no bat to be seen.
- Here are a few nice things some national NFL analysts had to say about the Lions’ pick:
@JoshNorris Might be my favorite pick of the night. Addressed a need, added a defensive QB with toughness in spades. Gonna be a really good player.— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 28, 2017
Had multiple GMs compare speaking with Jarrad Davis to speaking with Ray Lewis. My notes: "Intense. Self aware." Good get at 21 for Detroit.— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 28, 2017
- Look who’s being labeled as a franchise quarterback by the national media now:
Who's that I see listed as a "franchise quarterback"? pic.twitter.com/EGfJOmlRYT— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) April 27, 2017
- There was a report that at least three teams—including the 49ers—were interested in trading up for the Lions’ pick. Bob Quinn said the talks never progressed to much, but this note from San Francisco is awfully interesting:
Lynch: If Bears had taken Solomon Thomas, likely the 49ers would have taken Reuben Foster at 3.— Niners Nation (@NinersNation) April 28, 2017
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com has the history of how the Lions scouted Jarrad Davis during the pre-draft process.
- Yesterday, we poked fun at the Chicago Bears for spending four draft picks to move up one spot and take Mitchell Trubisky. The “Detroit Lions Memes” Twitter account took our video and made it even better:
- Speaking of trolling the Bears, this was expertly done by the 49ers social media manager (h/t to commenter MaizeAndBlueWahoo):
- Okay, enough messing around. It’s Jarrad Davis highlight time: