- Haloti Ngata joined Anquan Boldin for Boldin’s charity golf event on Thursday. At the event, Boldin reiterated that he will play for an NFL team in 2017 and will make that decision closer to training camp. Ngata, who showed up sporting Lions gear, said that he was trying to pull Boldin back to Detroit:
Ngata came to support Boldin’s charity, but he also joked that he wore his Lions gear because this is “definitely a recruiting trip.” Ngata said Boldin can still be a viable contributor to any team, especially Detroit, where he was the No. 3 receiver last year behind Golden Tate and Marvin Jones.
“I want to make sure he still remembers us,” Ngata said. “If he comes back, it will be fun.”
- Speaking of Boldin, SB Nation’s Tyler Tynes has an excellent story about Boldin’s trip to D.C. and his efforts—along with those of Johnson Bademosi, Donte Stallworth and Malcom Jenkins—regarding police reform.
- Renovations for Ford Field are underway. The videoboards are on their way down:
- Unsure about Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham? Brett Kollmann of Battle Red Blog has this excellent scouting report of Cunningham and even lists the Lions as one of the better landing spots for the linebacker:
- According to an MLive poll, Haason Reddick is by far the favorite choice of Lions fans in the first round of the NFL Draft.
- Today’s Mock Draft of the Day (besides Kent Lee Platte’s mock) comes from Fox Sports’ Dieter Kurtenback, who went running back in the first round for Detroit, but followed that up with three defensive picks.
- ESPN is debuting a new documentary next week about NFL fandom. Unfortunately, the series follows the life of Chicago Bears fans: