- The New England Patriots used a little-known tender on LeGarrette Blount this week, offering him a $1.1 million, one-year contract. If a team like the Detroit Lions outbids New England, it will still count against the compensatory pick formula for the 2018 NFL Draft, even though that deadline has already passed.
The Lions have reportedly expressed interest in Blount, and considering they are already not expected to get any compensatory picks, this tender doesn’t affect them much, other than possibly driving the price up. If the Lions want to make a move for Blount, they’ll have to do so before the July 22 deadline. If he goes unsigned past July 22, Blount can only play for the Patriots in 2017.
- Based on the official Detroit Lions team store, it looks like first-round pick Jarrad Davis will be wearing No. 40:
@PrideOfDetroit looks like @J_Davis_40 has his # pic.twitter.com/N6Eafavmez— Alex Czarnik (@czarnika) May 10, 2017
- Pro Football Focus’ Brett Whitefield took an interesting look at Matthew Stafford and how his game has developed over the past three years.
- Want some signed Taylor Decker merch? Would you feel better knowing your money is also going to an honorable charity? Give to BeBrave, a charity designed to raise funds and awareness to combat childhood cancer, and donations of $25 or more will earn you some autographed swag.
Donations to BeBrave of 25 dollars or more get autographed merchandise. Link is in my bio! Help me help others. pic.twitter.com/DXq90uHFWq— Taylor Decker (@TDeck68) April 1, 2017
- Jonathan Jones of SI.com belives the Lions will go 9-7 in 2017—second in the NFC North. Check out all of his record predictions here.
- Do you guys see that? That’s the enormous chip on Teez Tabor’s shoulder:
Too many critics with not enough credibility— Teez Tabor (@_31Flavorz) May 10, 2017
Can't wait to get to Detroit to make all the ppl eat their words— Teez Tabor (@_31Flavorz) May 10, 2017
- The Lions announced the date for the 2017 Quick Lane Bowl, coming to you the day after Christmas:
Let's go pic.twitter.com/P88dHqDyy5— Quick Lane Bowl (@quicklanebowl) May 10, 2017
- NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks lists Jarrad Davis as one of three linebackers to make his All-Rookie Team predictions.