- Now that the Detroit Lions rookie minicamp is over, it appears the team will go on without running back Matt Asiata, who tried out for the team over the weekend. According to the Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett, “the Detroit Lions have decided for now to stick with their current backfield.”
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein predicted the Lions’ starting lineup in 2017, which includes Jamal Agnew as the team’s punt returner.
- Congrats to Eric Ebron!
It's A Boy #OliverDashEbron pic.twitter.com/Seb6JXmdJo— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) May 14, 2017
- Ty Schalter of Lions Wire believes the Ewing Theory applies to how Matthew Stafford improved after Calvin Johnson retired, and he has the pie charts to prove it.
- Back in 2015, the Lions traded tight end/offensive tackle Michael Williams to the Patriots for a seventh-round pick in 2017. Detroit used that pick on defensive end Pat O’Connor. As for the Patriots:
Patriots announce release of TE Michael Williams. Played in 15 games (9 starts) in '15 before missing '16 with torn ACL.— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) May 12, 2017
- SB Nation had a fun piece on real and fictional people who would be perfect general manager fits for all 32 teams. Their pick for the Detroit Lions? Aretha Franklin.
- #PuntGod spent Mother’s Day with #ArmGod:
- Detroit Jock City ranked the Lions’ draft class by their projected rookie-year impact.