- With the draft now a few weeks into the past, we’re well into ranking season. With nothing else to talk about, it’s time to get enraged over meaningless opinions. Today’s most extreme example comes from NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling, who ranked the top 10 offenses in the league. The Detroit Lions were not only omitted from this list, but they weren’t among Wesseling’s nine “In The Hunt” candidates, meaning he believes Detroit’s offense ranks 20th or lower. For what it’s worth, Detroit ranked 20th in points per game last year, 21st in yards per game and 15th in DVOA.
- Pro Football Focus, on the other hand, is pointing to a clear trend in the Lions offense over the past year and a half:
It's safe to say the Jim Bob Cooter / Matthew Stafford relationship has paid it's dividends for the Lions. pic.twitter.com/mAunjMWiX1— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 15, 2017
- We know that the Lions are selling jerseys at an impressive rate right now, but did you know that Ameer Abdullah is among the top 50 “future top-selling stars” according to the NFL Players Association?
- NFL Network has now announced players 61-100 in their “Top 100 Players for 2017” list. There are still no Detroit Lions on the list, but a few players chimed in on the latest players announced.
Eric Ebron on fellow tight end Jordan Reed (No. 65):
Well Deserved. Should Be Higher #IMO https://t.co/EWBwHy8cIH— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) May 16, 2017
Quandre Diggs on cornerback Casey Hayward (No. 64):
Okay Casey! Well deserved bro! https://t.co/RR80AWGJ0a— Quandre Diggs (@qdiggs6) May 16, 2017
- The Lions made a small roster move on Monday, waiving offensive tackle Pierce Burton and signing tackle Arturo Uzdavinis in his place. Uzdavinis went undrafted last year and spent some time on the Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars practice squads in 2016.
- I miss this guy:
Julio Jones had a game for the ages in the NFC Championship, but it wasn't the highest-graded playoff performance we've seen from a WR. pic.twitter.com/MSF22i5Jrc— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 16, 2017
- Vegas is not a big fan of the Lions’ chances at the NFC North crown this year: