- Eric Ebron was given his fifth year option earlier in the month, but according to the Detroit Lions tight end, he’s also had conversations about a long-term deal with general manager Bob Quinn. “We've had our own talks, and he's looking for some things from me, and hopefully I can just give him what he's looking for,” Ebron told MLive.com
- You can watch Ebron’s nine-minute session with the media here.
- Don’t sleep on Kerry Hyder this year:
Ezekiel Ansah might be the big-name pass-rusher in Detroit, but teammate Kerry Hyder quietly posted similar marks in 2016. pic.twitter.com/tQgo5AR1Kl— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 16, 2017
- What is the biggest question facing the Detroit Lions in 2017? NFL.com says it’s What to expect from Ameer Abdullah?
- Interesting note regarding the Lions’ big board for the 2017 NFL Draft:
#Lions said the board fell into place at 21, but 4 or 5 picks earlier would've made for a difficult decision.— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) May 17, 2017
Allen, 2 CBs & OJ were 4 prev
- Who are the top 10 Lions on the team right now? The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers ranks them in his weekly mailbag article.
- Ezekiel Ansah is still mad about losing to the Seahawks in the playoffs back in January.
- Could Matthew Stafford retire as the NFL’s richest player in history? CBS Sports’ Joel Corry makes the argument:
My look at why Matthew Stafford could retire as the NFL's career earnings leader via @CBSSports. https://t.co/129aEbJLCR— Joel Corry (@corryjoel) May 16, 2017