- Detroit Lions president Rod Wood spoke to members of the media during Wednesday’s Taste of the Lions event, and gave an update on Detroit’s plans for their new uniforms. Wood said of the new uniforms, “My hope is to wear all four.” Wood said he has a plan outlined as to when the team will wear the uniforms, but whether those plans go through is dependent on discussions during next week’s league meeting in Chicago.
- Ameer Abdullah was feeling pretty confident in himself on Thursday:
- Fans at Wednesday night’s Taste of the Lions event were treated to 20-20-20 vision:
- For those worried about the Lions’ tight construction schedule on Ford Field, Wood offered some relief on Wednesday:
Rod Wood tells @wjrradio that construction on Ford Field is "on track" or a little ahead of schedule.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) May 17, 2017
Nate Atkins of MLive has more information on the construction progress, including working wifi for the entire lower bowl.
- Matthew Stafford contract extension “update”:
Rod Wood declined comment when asked how confident Stafford will have new deal by start of season other than to say Lions "working on it"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 17, 2017
- Jim Caldwell recently expressed his confidence in Abdullah by saying “Don’t listen to me, look at the numbers.” So MLive did just that, looking at both the good and bad of those statistics.
- Lions third-round pick Kenny Golladay is getting some national love on Twitter:
Golladay checks boxes. Production, athleticism, size. PFF charted with only 5 drops on 165 career targets. Had 5 diff starting QBs at NIU.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) May 16, 2017