- On what is quickly becoming our favorite NFL morning show, “Good Morning Football” former Detroit Lions receiver Lance Moore said he believes the Lions will be a sleeper team in 2017. He also said that in 2015 he saw, first hand, that Jim Caldwell was building a “culture of winning” in Detroit.
- This is an extremely small sample size, but serves as a good reminder as to how good Ameer Abdullah could be:
Before tearing a ligament in his foot, Ameer Abdullah was one of the most elusive RBs in 2016. pic.twitter.com/51QrPoyZlT— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 19, 2017
- CBS Sports ranked the Lions’ front office 17th in the NFL after this year’s offseason.
- The difference in NFL player sizes from 1920 to present day is absolutely fascinating:
this GIF from @businessinsider is kinda mesmerizing— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 18, 2017
NFL player sizes, 1920-present pic.twitter.com/Kvv3cBygm7
- NFL personnel evaluators told ESPN that the Lions selection of Brad Kaaya in the sixth round was one of the round’s biggest steals (Insider required).
- It looks like the Taste of the Lions event was a success all around:
Lions say they raised nearly $130,000 for Eastern Market with their "Taste of the Lions" event. Not bad for a night's work!— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) May 19, 2017
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell gave the Detroit Lions offseason a C grade, good for third in the NFC North.
- UPDATE IN #LONGSNAPPERWATCH2017:
Teez Tabor, out of context: "I’m going to go out there and long snap."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) May 19, 2017