- It’s common knowledge that Matthew Stafford has one of the strongest arms in the league, but is it accurate? Jonathan Kinsley of Brick Wall Blitz did a very intensive study of NFL quarterbacks and their deep ball accuracy. He found that Matthew Stafford, based on charting every 2016 pass, was one of the least accurate passers for passes over 16 yards—28th of the qualifying 31 quarterbacks. However, he jumps to 14th in passes over 20 yards.
You can see where he lines up with the rest of the quarterbacks in the charts below (click to magnify):
IT'S HERE: The 2016-17 Deep Ball Project is out now. See how well your quarterback did downfield. https://t.co/464AZ42rc6 pic.twitter.com/UHxdW6ZVLv— Jonathan Kinsley (@Brickwallblitz) March 26, 2017
- Kenny Golladay was at the Rookie Premiere event over the weekend and was sporting the Detroit Lions’ hot new throwback jerseys:
Kenny Golladay rocking the @Lions blue for the 1st time at the @PaniniAmerica #RookiePremiere #NIU #Lions #TheHardWay pic.twitter.com/s9PaUVLWs7— #NIU Recruiting ⚫️ (@Future_Huskies) May 20, 2017
- Brandon Copeland has always been involved in finances, but now he’s spending the offseason being part of a financial analyst firm, while only living off of 10-15 percent of his football earnings.
- Teez Tabor is done with the 40-yard dash talk:
Criticism of his 40-yard dash time?— NFL (@NFL) May 22, 2017
Just more fuel to the fire
"I'm trying out for the NFL, not the Olympics." https://t.co/egmsKMesOf pic.twitter.com/8ao6TYuJwD
- Calvin Johnson thinks Terrell Owens deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
- Lions rookie Jalen Reeves-Maybin has fully adopted Detroit as his new city:
Fill in the blank!!@ProSportsZone1 pic.twitter.com/OvY9kGcn9j— Jalen Reeves-Maybin (@ReevesMaybin) May 21, 2017
- ESPN is currently running a poll asking which NFC playoff team from 2016 is most likely to miss the postseason in 2017. Not so surprisingly, the Lions are currently leading all six teams with 54 percent of the vote.