- Today is unofficially Matthew Stafford Appreciation Day. After drawing comparisons to two-time Super Bowl winner Ben Roethlisberger, Stafford received praise from another analyst and former NFL quarterback. Bleacher Report’s Chris Simms ranked all 32 starting quarterbacks based not on accomplishments, but “athleticism, arm strength, decision making and composure.” Stafford came in at third on the list, only behind Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.
- The Detroit Lions annual celebrity softball game is back! Previously hosted by Stephen Tulloch, the event will now be presented by Sam Martin, who is also launching his new charitable foundation. Details here:
June 10th myself and Haloti Ngata are hosting the celebrity softball game with special guest from the Red Wings. Every1 come out and support pic.twitter.com/7GaIyeAI1p— Sam (@SamMartin_6) May 25, 2017
- There wasn’t any outside media on hand, but the Detroit Lions released their own photo gallery and highlights from Day 3 of OTAs.
- Earlier in the week Joseph Fauria taught us the new celebration rules, and it appears he still hasn’t stopped dancing:
- According to MLive’s Kyle Meinke, backup quarterback Jake Rudock looks bigger, smarter and better this year.
- T.J. Lang will be the grand marshall of the Detroit Grand Prix next weekend:
- Marvin Jones Jr. focused offseason workouts on his lower half, hoping to develop a “consistent explosion and run after the catch.”
- Scott Bish of Lions Wire dives deep into the Teez Tabor debate.