- We already knew that most national analysts weren’t very impressed by the Detroit Lions’ draft haul this year, but no one is more down on the Lions than CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco. In his post-draft power rankings, he dropped the Lions 10 spots to 24, citing their lack of pass rush as the primary reason for the fall.
- On Wednesday, the NFL released workout dates for all 32 teams, including rookie minicamp and OTA dates. Here’s what it looks like for the Lions:
- Lions Wire scored an exclusive interview with Lions undrafted rookie free agent receiver Noel Thomas, who caught 100 passes last year for UConn.
- New Lions tight end Michael Roberts sounds ready and motivated to forge out a long career in Detroit:
- Another Lions UDFA signing, running back Tion Green, is ready and willing to make an immediate impact on special teams.
- NFL Network has started to release their Top 100 players of 2017, as voted by the players. No Lions players were named between 100-81, but former cornerback Ike Taylor is making his own list and slotted Darius Slay at No. 92.
- Former Lions running back (briefly) Justin Forsett announced his retirement on Wednesday morning:
It's been an amazing ride and I'm grateful for every moment the game of football has brought me. ✌ https://t.co/HRkDxb5MsD— Justin Forsett (@JForsett) May 3, 2017
- The Detroit Free Press spoke with Kenny Golladay’s college coach, who think “Stafford will love him because his catch radius is awesome.”