Put Memorial Day weekend behind you and get hyped as we enter into double-digits until football returns. That’s still a long way away—one less than yesterday—but the optics are important to keep sanity as the world collapses and the environment is set to be doomed. This is a perfect attitude to have as we discuss the Detroit Lions and the doldrums of organized team activities.
There is, however, plenty to talk about a change at running back, as Matt Asiata replaces Michael Burton. This gives us a chance to discuss possibilities and schemes. We also load up the mailbag with all your best shots to get us to laugh and come up with weird scenarios and talk about cylinders.
This week on the PODcast
- Hello Matt Asiata. Where does he go on the roster? Will he survive the preseason roster cuts?
- Goodbye Michael Burton. What’s the future of the run game without a fullback? How much use was the position near the end in Jim Bob Cooter’s system? Will Burton land with another team?
- Ryan and Jeremy discuss insights and desires from OTAs as they get underway.
- Jeremy attempts to punish the listeners and it backfires.
- A short PODcast gets into a deep mailbag, discussing a Triple Threat steel cage match between Hooper, Roary and Paws, foods we hate and which position groups are set in stone going into OTAs.