- Ameer Abdullah has been a full participant during offseason programs and seems very confident in where he’s in terms of recovery from his Lisfranc injury. He told members of the media after Tuesday’s practice that he’s “a little bit ahead of schedule” and feels like he may even be more explosive than he was before the injury.
DetroitLions.com has a portion of his interview from Tuesday available to watch here.
- Bleacher Report’s Sean Tomlinson believes Abdullah is one of eight NFL players facing a make-or-break season in 2017.
- The Detroit Lions may not have Calvin Johnson anymore, but they certainly got good use out of him while he was there:
Since 2006, only one wide receiver has seen more than 700 snaps in route in a single season. pic.twitter.com/fRsWzKuZvB— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 14, 2017
- Doug Farrar believes Matthew Stafford is the ninth-best deep ball passer in the league.
- Stafford was the only Lions player listed on NFL Network’s Top 100 Players of 2017 list—presuming that there are no lions among the top 20. Darius Slay, who has never made it on the list, doesn’t seem too happy about that:
This top 100 NFL junk so fake man.....— Darius Slay (@_bigplayslay23) June 14, 2017
- Dave Birkett provides an update on Tuesday’s odd scene, when a random person found his way onto the Lions practice facility and yelled obscenities at players. Police have made no arrests but the intruder is undergoing “psychiatric intervention.”
- This week players took part in “Media Day,” where they take promotional pictures and videos for the team. We got our first look at T.J. Lang in a full Lions uniform, but former Lions offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz had some advice for Lang: