- Bleacher Report’s Doug Farrar ranked the top 10 most accurate passers in the NFL today. Matthew Stafford came in at 10 on the list—behind Dak Prescott—and was praised for his marked improvement under Jim Bob Cooter:
He had a completion percentage over 60 percent just once in his first five seasons, but the needle has moved in the right direction over the last two campaigns, where he had a 67.2 percent completion rate in 2015 (his career high) and a 65.3 percent completion rate in 2016.
- Paula Pasche of The Oakland Press listed five ways in which the Detroit Lions are better than they were last season.
- Good on Eric Ebron for letting rookie Mitchell Trubisky know that #WeOwnTheBears:
Eric Ebron tells Mitchell Trubisky Lions will be beating Bears https://t.co/o60eiFRmbw— UNCSwtHrt (@UNCSwtHrt) June 20, 2017
- Check out this awesome story from Nate Burleson about when he met Calvin Johnson in minicamp (h/t: @DSTucker82):
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press gives his five position battles to watch for Lions training camp.
- Cornelius Washington could be a huge help on third downs this year (PRP stands for pass rush productivity, a signature Pro Football Focus stat):
While studying our DI data I found that new Lions DL Cornelius Washington ranked 4th in 3rd down PRP among interior defenders. Huge!— Brett Whitefield (@BrettWhitefield) June 19, 2017
- You probably don’t need convincing, but NFL.com’s Adam Rank explains why you should root for the Detroit Lions in 2017. It’s a fun article, as long as you gloss over the part where he suggests Matthew Stafford will retire early, just because.