- Nate Atkins of MLive.com believes that Ameer Abdullah is a breakout offensive candidate for 2017 because of the great production he had in limited carries last year. He also believes Miles Killebrew is a defensive breakout candidate.
- You may have thought Sam Martin and former Lions tight end Joseph Fauria had a strong friendship, but Martin took things to a new level with fellow special teamer Matt Prater this week. The two traveled together to the dentist to get their wisdom teeth removed:
- The Lions made a lot of changes with their secondary this offseason, but the improvement all remains hypothetical:
Did you know?— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) June 21, 2017
In his #Lions career,Darius Slay has more career interceptions than every other CB on the Lions roster combined? With only 6.
- Former Lions Cliff Avril and Stephen Tulloch joined a group of other NFL athletes to help build 12 homes and three new schools in Haiti.
- Kyle Meinke has a great breakdown of how each Lions rookie performed during OTAs and mandatory minicamp.
- Jared Abbrederis missed the last two days of minicamp last week, and now it appears we know why. Congrats to Jared and his family!
- MMQB’s Andy Benoit has a fascinating story about former NFL running back Joe Don Looney, who once told Lions head coach Harry Gilmer, “If you want a messenger boy, call Western Union.”
- Elsewhere in the NFL, former Jets linebacker David Harris has agreed to a two-year deal with the New England Patriots.
- Former Lions defensive end Devin Taylor, who started every game for Detroit last year, only received a minimum salary deal with the Giants when he signed with them back in May:
Giants signed DE Devin Taylor to a minimum salary deal several weeks back. It only includes $40K gtd. Can be "great signing" per source— Jordan Raanan (@JordanRaanan) June 21, 2017