- Detroit Lions cornerback coach Tony Oden fawned over the team’s two draft picks, Teez Tabor and Jamal Agnew. According to Oden, the team has been able to throw more information to both of them at a quicker pace than normal. “You don’t have to hold back, you can give them more, you can pour into them more and then now, the sky’s the limit," Oden told the Detroit Free Press.
- Here’s more evidence that Golden Tate is one of the hardest receivers to take down:
Since 2012, no WR has forced a missed tackle more often than @Lions WR Golden Tate. pic.twitter.com/9kqa8vQpIP— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 26, 2017
- Matthew Stafford’s current contract has him as the 20th-highest paid athlete in the NFL (by average salary per year). That will undoubtedly change in the next month or so.
- The Lions rookies took their first headshots as a member of the team:
Check out the first @NFL headshots for the 2017 #Lions rookies— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 26, 2017
➡️ https://t.co/qGlZEWeB1t pic.twitter.com/itjr5rU658
- Nate Atkins of MLive power ranks the Lions’ options at left tackle.
- Turns out Lions punter Sam Martin doesn’t just have good touch with his foot. Here he is sticking the landing on the Lions’ second annual closest to the tee contest:
Watch @SamMartin_6 step up to the tee box in round 2⃣ of @Bridgestone Teeing it up with @ttwentyman ⛳️ ➡️ https://t.co/VrMt5j2MNS pic.twitter.com/jmtGXfErta— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 26, 2017
- Sean Tomlinson of Bleacher Report believes that Detroit’s biggest risk in 2017 is relying on the oft-injured Ameer Abdullah.
- As we mentioned last week, Stephen Tulloch, Josh Bynes, and Tahir Whitehead were in Jamaica helping build schools for children. Here’s a look at one of their final products:
Little London Infant Department in honour of Mercedes Tulloch #education #partnership @HMEReid @stephentulloch @HelpingHandsJA @netjamaica pic.twitter.com/0fmAqMFdhi— Latoya Harris (@LattybooHarris) June 26, 2017