- Zach Pereles of Yahoo! Sports ranked every team’s quarterback situation for the 2017 season. The list emphasized starters, but also gave significant weight to teams’ backups. The Detroit Lions ranked 16th on the list, but more interestingly, Pereles ranked Detroit’s backups as the worst situation in the league. Here’s his rationale:
The ultra-durable Stafford hasn’t missed a start in the last six seasons, and Lions fans had better hope he extends that streak to seven. Neither Rudock nor Kaaya, back-to-back sixth-rounders in 2016 and 2017, respectively, have taken a single professional snap.
- If you’re curious what free agent linebacker Zach Orr’s RAS score is, it’s not pretty:
- Speaking of Orr, Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire broke down how Orr would fit with the Lions, should Detroit choose to sign him.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has a great story about Lions linebacker Paul Worrilow, who donated blood stem cells to a woman with leukemia. If you’re interested in doing what he did, visit BeTheMatch.org. Registration to get your swab kit takes about 10 minutes (I just did it).
- Here are some Marvin Jones Jr. highlights, courtesy of SandmanLions:
- The Detroit Lions signed a handful of veterans late in free agency. Birkett breaks down their chances to make the final 53-man roster.