- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press explains how the addition of tight end Darren Fells could help mitigate the damage from Taylor Decker’s injury.
- NumberFire ranked all 10 seasons of Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders. (Warning: slideshow)
- Lions safety Tavon Wilson has a new agent. He is currently set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2018:
Proud to welcome #DetroitLions safety, @TavonWilson, to the #PlayersRep family. pic.twitter.com/2C1YNIjzwl— Sports Agent - NFL (@wesley_spencer) June 7, 2017
- First the Sporting News ranked Matthew Stafford as the 13th-best quarterback. Then Pete Prisco named Stafford just the 96th-best player in the NFL. Now the staff at The Score ranked Stafford as the 11th-best quarterback, behind the likes of Philip Rivers (9), Cam Newton (5) and Andrew Luck (4).
- Reminder: The Lions Celebrity Softball Game is this Saturday and only costs $10. All proceeds go to the Sam Martin Foundation and the Haloti Ngata Foundation:
First 500 fans through the gate get a FREE SM6 Foundation hat from #DrB #MHR ⚾️ #TeamMartin pic.twitter.com/rapHoi7wrF— Sam (@SamMartin_6) June 7, 2017
- Not much has been said about Detroit Lions’ seventh-round pick Pat O’Connor, but James Hawkins of The Detroit News spoke to the defensive end, who thinks the Lions defense fits his style of play.
- ESPN marked the fastest player on all 32 teams. For the Detroit Lions? None other than “Big Play” Darius Slay.
- Here’s an update on former Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who has been sitting out of Saints OTAs because of a heart condition:
Candid from Saints Head Coach Sean Payton today on DT Nick Fairley: pic.twitter.com/wZe5g7sZ7t— Jane Slater (@SlaterNFL) June 8, 2017