- Our friend/enemy Robert Zeglinski over at Chicago Bears blog Windy City Gridiron doesn’t believe that former Detroit Lions fullback Michael Burton will end up making the Bears’ roster when all is said and done.
- A few weeks ago, Gil Brandt named Barry Sanders the No. 8 running back of all time. This week, Clark Judge of Talk of Fame Sports Network listed Sanders as the second-best back of all time, only behind Jim Brown.
- Golden Tate had himself a weekend:
- The Pontiac Silverdome could finally see its long overdue demise. Lions Wire has the full story on the final application for demolition permits.
- Over on the west side of the state, Ameer Abdullah is working hard to stay fit:
- Is Jim Caldwell the most underrated coach in the NFL? Ty Schalter believes so.
- Last year, the Lions sent a lot of blitzes on first down, but to no avail:
The Cardinals are willing to bring the heat no matter the situation pic.twitter.com/NpM8NB7k7Z— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 8, 2017
- Bleacher Report’s Brent Sobleski power ranked all 32 2016 draft classes based on one year of production. The Detroit Lions placed 13th on the list, only behind the Chicago Bears (fifth overall) in the NFC North.