- Former Detroit Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky took to Twitter on Wednesday to defend Calvin Johnson’s comments this week about his frustrations with the Lions and how they led him to retirement.
@RossTuckerNFL a lot being said of CJ post his comments. I spent 6 seasons with him. He is as classy, hard working and stand up as anyone— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) July 12, 2017
That passed through our league ever. He was a part of some historically tough times. That would weigh and wear on anyone. Even megatron.— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) July 12, 2017
I'm not surprised. Sports are fun when you win. Period. When your greatness is covered by your teams' lack of it effects you immensely .— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) July 12, 2017
- USA TODAY (via Lions Wire) ranked all 32 team’s defensive lines. The Detroit Lions came in at 21st out of 32.
- The Lions are less than a month away from holding their annual Family Day training camp practice at Ford Field. Construction on the stadium is looking pretty good right now:
- Matthew Stafford is hanging out with his good friend Matt Ryan again this offseason:
- Matthew Stafford was named the 24th most clutch quarterback of all time by Mike Tanier. Former Lions quarterback Bobby Layne also made the list at No. 11.
- Just as Alex Reno predicted, the 2017 NFL Supplemental Draft came and went without either of the two eligible players being selected:
The NFL Supplemental Draft has concluded. There were no players selected.— Michael Signora (@NFLfootballinfo) July 12, 2017
- Marvin Jones Jr. is quite the singer and he even has a recording studio in his home. He gave the Detroit Lions a tour of the studio this week:
- ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky believes Jim Caldwell has the hottest seat of all NFC North coaches.