- Sunday was Barry Sanders’ 49th birthday. Let’s celebrate belatedly with some highlights, courtesy of social media:
- Current Bills running back LeSean McCoy responded to Sanders’ birthday by calling him the “best EVER” in a tweet. Former Bills running back Thurman Thomas called Sanders “one of the Greatest players at ANY position,” to which Sanders replied:
You taught me everything I know... https://t.co/5NfbQvOPJ8— Barry Sanders (@BarrySanders) July 17, 2017
- Detroit Jock City ranked the top 10 receivers in Detroit Lions history. Yes, you already know No. 1.
- We already knew that Theo Riddick has been the most efficient receiving back over the past five years, but Pro Football Focus also had him (in 2015) as the highest graded player in that role
last seasonover the past 10 years.
David Johnson was special as a receiver last year pic.twitter.com/pK5BezfhUM— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 17, 2017
- Bleacher Report’s Gary Davenport thinks the Lions need to start Miles Killebrew at strong safety or linebacker this year.
- Ezekiel Ansah held his first ever football camp in Ghana over the weekend:
- ESPN’s Kevin Seifert looked at some interesting, realistic changes that could be coming to the NFL in the next three years.