- On Tuesday, NFL.com’s Elliot Harrison released his bold predictions for every NFC team. Some interesting predictions include Taco Charlton earning Defensive Rookie of the Year and Aaron Rodgers regressing. But most notable of all was his prediction for the Detroit Lions. He believes the Lions will win the NFC North in 2017. Here’s part of his explanation:
This team was on its way toward winning the NFC North last year until Matthew Stafford injured his middle finger. How many teams can survive their starter hurting his throwing hand in the midst of a playoff run? No major injuries and no Hail Marys might mean an end to the days of merely sneaking into the postseason.
- Wednesday, several members of the Lions media were given a tour of Ford Field and its new renovations. Here are some pictures of the new look:
Ford Field video boards, old compared to new. pic.twitter.com/E8PsSTznhr— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 19, 2017
New ribbon boards at Gate A entrance pic.twitter.com/QRGoJj00tK— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) July 19, 2017
Oh, and another Slow’s location(!!!):
- Lions Wire caught a small update on the Matthew Stafford contract negotiation situation. According to NFL Network’s Stacey Dales, “there is internal optimism they’re going to get something done in the next two weeks.”
- Ever wondered what Ameer Abdullah milking a cow would look like? If you answered yes, you’re a very strange person, but you’re also in luck! Abdullah visited Ritter Farms this week:
- What is the Lions’ biggest reason for optimism in 2017? According to Bleacher Report’s Brad Gagnon, it’s Ameer Abdullah being healthy.
- Even with all of the changes in the Lions secondary, Pro Football Focus only ranks it 17th in the NFL entering the 2017 season.
- This is a pretty neat video of all the walk-off wins in the NFL over the past 10 years. But be warned, there are two clips that will make you very mad: