Training camp is coming, football is coming, it’s all coming in hard and fast. We’re dining on it all on the PODcast. There’s a lot to get to and we’re unaccountably stacked with Lions news, which is a rarity for us in this long offseason.
But when we get serious on PODcast, it means football is coming; like winter, or whatever those people on the TV show with the swords say. I don’t get HBO anymore.
This week on the PODcast
- Calvin Johnson receives an invitation to training camp from the Lions, but will he accept it?
- Barry Sanders signs on as a brand ambassador, and Ryan and Jeremy have some quick thoughts on his role and why the Lions made the move.
- Anquan Boldin is taking a meeting with the Bills. Is he done in Detroit?
- Armonty Bryant was suspended, and the Lions are in a pickle for their defensive end depth.
- Training camp preview starring wide receiver battles, questions on the offensive line, looking for answers at left defensive end and the impending showdown between Jeremy and Ryan on who will be the backup quarterback.
- Matthew Stafford could be a $30 million man? We take another look and it’s more likely than ever.
- I bring back Rage Corner to talk about athletes on social media and how beat writers cover all that.
- Mailbag presents historical hypotheticals, our SB Nation recommendations and one reviewer who is very mad about our potty mouths.