- NFL.com’s podcast “Around the NFL” ranked each 2016 playoff team from 1-12 in terms of their likelihood to return to the postseason this upcoming season. They collectively ranked the Detroit Lions last, thinking they are the least likely team to make the postseason this year.
Gregg Rosenthal explained his reasoning to the group. “The Browns are the only other team in the league that was losing in 15 of 16 games in the fourth quarter,” Rosenthal said. “The Lions had no business in the playoffs last year.”
- Over the weekend, Lions rookie Jarrad Davis took in a Tigers game and was named Tiger of the Day:
- Our friends at Dolphins blog The Phinsider are looking at every single team’s drafts over the past five years. Monday, they looked at the Lions’ drafts and weren’t too kind in their conclusion.
- If you just look at the Pro Football Focus grades of the Lions’ current secondary, things look quite promising:
- If you’re looking for more updates on Zach Orr’s free agency trips, don’t expect any. His agency says they will no longer comment on his team visits.
I'd like to take a min to address @ZO35 and his situation. We, as a team, have decided not to comment on any further visits.— Keepin It RealSports (@KRS3Sports) July 2, 2017
We have several more visits lined up over the next two weeks. Most of you in the media are very good at what you do.— Keepin It RealSports (@KRS3Sports) July 2, 2017
I would advise that you simply hang around your respective team headquarters. There is a greater than 50/50 chance @ZO35 will be there soon— Keepin It RealSports (@KRS3Sports) July 2, 2017
In other words, Orr’s agency is suggesting that he will visit more than 16 teams before making a decision.
- On Sunday, we talked about the biggest officiating con jobs the Lions have endured over the years. One Twitter user was “nice” enough to put them all in one place:
- NFL Films loves Matthew Stafford: