- Former NFL quarterback and current contributor at Bleacher Report Chris Simms is fully drunk on Detroit Lions Kool-Aid. Last week, he penned an article that referred to the Lions as Super Bowl contenders. This week, he’s going all-in on Matthew Stafford.
Calling Stafford the No. 3 quarterback is pretty bold, even for Lions fans. For what it’s worth, a totally unbiased current NFL quarterback seems to agree:
He's right up there in the conversation— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) July 31, 2017
- According to a report from TMZ, defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson is currently facing a lawsuit over an unpaid tab at a Hollywood club that totaled over $9,000. The claimant says Robinson and fellow NFLer Caleb Benenoch still owe him over $5,000 after their credit cards were declined.
- Still looking to consume content from the Lions’ first practice on Sunday? DetroitLions.com has an extensive photo gallery and training camp highlights.
- Not only is Theo Riddick sporting the no-contact red jersey at practice, but he is still wearing some kind of support for his right wrist:
- After coming rehabbing from a long-overdue hip surgery, T.J. Lang says this is the best he has felt in five years.
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein scored an extensive interview with Lions president Rod Wood, who explains his goals, both competitively and professionally, for the team.