Training camp was yesterday, so Jeremy had to bail to man the website and we were left to try to not step on the toes of any breaking news. Of course, nothing really happened so it’s not like that was an issue anyway.
But we took advantage of the situation to bring in another guest to keep talking about those Detroit Lions. This time it’s Brett Whitefield, analyst and writer from Pro Football Focus, to discuss the team and its prospects for the 2017 NFL season. We also got to touch on PFF itself, which has become a wild evolving entity.
This week on the PODcast
- Jeremy mans the battlestations, leaving Ryan and myself to steer the ship.
- Someone said “Lions” and “Super Bowl” in the same sentence and it’s set off the annual media circlejerk, so we talk about it.
- Ryan and I pine for football and talk about coping mechanisms.
- Brett Whitefield joins us and gives the PFF outlook on the Detroit Lions season.
- We talk with Brett about PFF’s evolving role in the landscape of the NFL broadcast commentary and media worlds.
- We also make him tell us why PFF hates the Lions. Very surprising reveal.
- Another review insults me.
- Rick & Morty & Rick & Morty & Rick & Morty & Rick & Morty