- Bleacher Report’s Doug Farrar listed the top-10 ball hawks in the NFL right now. He defined ball hawk not as just getting interceptions, but tallying passes defended and maintaining consistent, tight coverage. Farrar listed Detroit Lions safety Glover Quin as the 10th-best ball hawk in the league, calling him “a field-smart opportunist who understands timing and angles.”
- Good find by Lions Wire: The large majority of fans polled by “Talk of Fame Network” believe the Lions will win the NFC North, and Hall of Fame voter Rick Gosselin agrees.
- Speaking of the “Talk of Fame Network” they interviewed Lions coach Jim Caldwell last week. Caldwell talks a lot about Matthew Stafford and how the veteran quarterback is still improving.
- Danny Kelly of The Ringer believes Golden Tate is the most underpaid veteran on the Detroit Lions roster.
- This is your weekly reminder that Pro Football Focus really likes Nevin Lawson:
Nevin Lawson stepped his game up in a big way last year pic.twitter.com/fGyfZZWT8l— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 4, 2017
- The Detroit Free Press gathered 41 must-see pictures from the Lions 2016 season (Warning: slideshow).
- Tuesday was a very special Fourth of July for Laken Tomlinson:
First 4th of July as an American citizen ✔️ #HappyBirthdayAmerica— Laken Tomlinson (@laken77) July 4, 2017