- Kudos to former Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh for being able to joke about "The Stomp" in this hilarious Foot Locker commercial:
- According to ESPN, Jim Caldwell’s job is a 3 out of 5 on the “Hot Seat” scale. Michael Rothstein calls his seat “lukewarm,” because “Caldwell isn't general manager Bob Quinn's hire, and Quinn could eventually want his own guy.”
- You probably know that DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry managed to run a sub-6.0 40-yard dash in heels, but did you know she used to play organized football for the Women’s Football Alliance? And she even has highlights!
- NFL Films created a pretty thorough explanation of the Bobby Layne Curse. It is not an easy watch, so if you’re planning on heading into the weekend with positive vibes, I would not recommend watching it.
- Tim Wright seems happy to be back with the Lions:
- Darius Slay may want to think about a sponsorship with Altoids or Orbit gum:
Quote of the day from Darius Slay on benefit of joint practice vs Colts: "I’m tired of guarding some of my teammates that got stink breath"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 10, 2017