The wait is over. The Detroit Lions' 2017 season* is here.
In just moments, the Lions will kick off their preseason against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday afternoon at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Though we likely won't see the starters for logn, this represents the start of a Detroit's 2017 campaign. Opening day is excited, whether the game results means anything or not.
There will be no quarterback shootout between Matthew Stafford and Andrew Luck, as Luck remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list and Stafford likely won't play more than a series. But there are still plenty of things to be excited about, including our first game-looks at the 2017 draft class and free agent additions.
Before the game kicks off, here's a sampling of our pre-game coverage:
- 5 things to watch in Lions' preseason opener
- 5 questions with Colts blog Stampede Blue
- Game time, TV schedule, online streaming options for Lions-Colts
- 6 players to watch after the starters are out
- 4 predictions for Lions-Colts
Chat during the game below in our comment section. Go Lions, and let's hope for an injury-free game on both sides.