- Episode two of the Lions’ “Hard Knocks’ rip-off “Inside the Den: Lions Camp” dropped on Monday. It details the process involved in setting up joint practices with the Colts, and it’s still very good.
- The best part of that video? Haloti Ngata destroying the Colts center with one hand. Don’t worry, we made it a GIF:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reminds Detroit Lions fans that rookie receivers tend to struggle in the NFL (Calvin Johnson only had 48 catches in his first year), so you may be wise to lower your expectations on Kenny Golladay, despite his impressive performance against the Colts.
- Several Lions players talked about the impact Kerry Hyder’s injury had on them personally and for the team:
- Ezekiel Ansah went to Instagram to send his condolences to Hyder:
- Hyder also got some support from an unexpected source:
- The Lions stayed at No. 11—three spots ahead of the Packers—on Chris Simms’ Preseason Week 2 Power Rankings.
- A’Shawn Robinson had himself a productive day on Sunday:
Former Alabama defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson stood out in the first game of his second preseason in the NFL pic.twitter.com/b0zh2zdAAP— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 13, 2017
- MLive’s Nate Atkins believes Jake Rudock looks like a capable backup quarterback after a decent performance in the preseason opener.