- The Kenny Golladay Hype Train has left Detroit and is making its tour around the nation. NFL.com posted the top 10 plays from Week 1 of the preseason and Golladay’s two touchdowns against the Colts came in at No. 2 on the list. Check out all of the highlights below:
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell tried to create the perfect roster, using current contract figures to fit under the salary cap and making sure to at least have one player from each team. Two Detroit Lions players were selected to his list: Theo Riddick and Don Carey.
- The Lions undoubtedly need pass rush help after the injuries to Kerry Hyder and Brandon Copeland, but they got some good performances from their depth in the preseason game against the Colts:
Three Lions were among the top four highest graded edge defenders in the NFC North last week, but it was a Viking who led the way pic.twitter.com/DguzMaNiAh— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 16, 2017
- Eric Edholm of FanRag Sports, ranked all 13 teams who have never won a Super Bowl based on how close they are to a championship right now. The Lions came in at just 10th overall.
- Brandon Copeland wrote a few words about his injury and, like Kerry Hyder, he promises to come back better than ever. “Let's see how quickly I can build this empire before I come back to the field with a VENGEANCE To everyone that DOESNT have to line up against me this year,” Copeland wrote.
- Matthew Stafford is undeniably the best raspberry blower in the NFL. It’s clear he spent time this offseason perfecting his form:
- Much like the Lions’ situation with DeAndre Levy, the Eagles cut Ryan Mathews just hours after he passed their physical. Ty Schalter of Lions Wire argues this just highlights how the Lions mistreated Levy.