- Hey fellow single Lions fans, good news! According to a study from We Are Fanatics, Detroit Lions fans are the second-most dateable fanbase in the NFL, only behind the Los Angeles Rams. As expected, Patriots and Cowboys fans are the two least-dateable fanbases. (Hat tip to MLive on finding the story)
- Nate Burleson and the fellas over at Good Morning Football were inspired by Marvin Jones Jr.’s touchdown celebration:
- Jets blog Gang Green Nation took a look at how New York’s offensive line held up against the Lions’ defensive line. With extensive film breakdown, it’s a great look from the other perspective on how the Lions did.
- REMINDER: The Lions are hosting NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Tuesday night for their fan forum. You can watch live online and submit questions to the commissioner through Twitter:
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell has an extensive breakdown on whether Matthew Stafford is worth the $25+ million contract he may receive. I definitely recommend reading it for an outsider perspective.
- The Lions and Patriots were supposed to have joint walkthroughs this week in the lead-up to Friday’s game. Those plans have apparently been cancelled:
Patriots & Lions have changed plans for Thursday walkthrough joint practices. They will now hold individual walkthrough practices. Not joint— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) August 22, 2017
- Episode 3 of “Inside the Den: Training Camp with the Detroit Lions”—also known as the Detroit Lions’ version of “Hard Knocks”—is here and details Detroit’s second preseason game. Here’s our favorite part: