- Saturday is the big boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor. On Wednesday, Tahir Whitehead and Jim Caldwell gave their thoughts on the match. Whitehead, who has donated his time to youth boxing programs in the past, has good insight on the event.
- SB Nation’s Jon Bois made this hilarious and informative video on just how volatile NFL teams have been over the past 30 years. He takes a look at how consistent or inconsistent teams’ records have been since 1987 and finds that the Detroit Lions have been the fourth-most inconsistent team in the league:
- Lions defensive tackle Khyri Thornton has been very hesitant to speak with the media ever since he was served a six-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. However, Thornton spoke with ESPN’s Michael Rothstein this week, admitting that he made a mistake and is now just looking to the future.
- Eric Ebron offered a donation to the Morris Peterson Jr. Foundation, a charitable cause aimed at making improvements in the lives of inner-city children around the Flint, Michigan area:
We would like to thank @detroitlionsnfl superstar @ericebron for his generous donation to the foundation. Thank you for continuing to support the city of Flint and its residents. Your commitment is greatly appreciated. Best of luck to you this season. #MPJF #MorrisPetersonJrFoundation #EricEbron #DetroitLions #NFL #Flint #FlintWaterCrisis @mopete24 @tonda_stc @roudycroudy
- Speaking of Ebron, his absence in practice has started to gain more attention from the media, leading to headlines like this:
Ebron, for whatever reason, doesn’t seem to agree, calling the story “Fake news” in a Tweet.
- Bleacher Report’s Chris Simms, who has been high on the Lions all offseason, pushed them into the top 10 in his Preseason Week 3 Power Rankings.
- Congrats to former Lion Joique Bell on the birth of his daughter, Jiavanna: