- Bleacher Report’s Brent Sobleski gave realistic, best-case scenarios for all 32 NFL teams. For the Detroit Lions, Sobleski believes the Lions’ ceiling is an 11-5 record.
- The Detroit Lions facility had a familiar face drop by on Thursday: former Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy:
- Madden 18 listed Matthew Stafford among the “Clutch” quarterbacks in the league for the first time in the video game’s history. On the other hand, Matt Prater remains snubbed as a clutch kicker.
- Deadspin’s “Why Your Team Sucks” series finally reached the Detroit Lions on Thursday. It’s always a highly entertaining read.
- Former Lions wide receiver Herman Moore traveled to Charlottesville to help the city heal after last week’s protests.
- The Green Bay Packers’ offensive line may have taken another hit this week:
#Packers RT Bryan Bulaga isn't expected to need surgery, source said. Ankle sprain, lot of swelling. Rest a couple weeks, then re-eval.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 25, 2017
- Lions punter Kasey Redfern has bounced around the league since 2014, failing to play in any NFL game. But now he may be closer than ever to realizing his dream.
- The Minnesota Vikings are taking an early L this season: