- Details on Glover Quin’s two-year extension are out, thanks to ESPN’s Michael Rothstein. According to Rothstein, Quin’s 2017 cap hit decreased from $7.8 million to $6.4 million, with hits of $6.5 million in 2018 and $7.9 million in 2019.
- The Lions defensive line got a little more healthy, as Jeremiah Valoaga was removed from the PUP list and practiced Friday morning:
DE Jeremiah Valoaga has been removed from Active/Physically Unable to Perform and will return to practice. pic.twitter.com/dWs94QZjQ8— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 4, 2017
- Let’s keep the Kenny Golladay hype going. ESPN already ranks him as the 10th-best No. 3 receiver in the league—in terms of fantasy football value.
- Darius Slay got a little love from Pro Football Focus on Friday:
These three cornerbacks didn't give up much on third down last year pic.twitter.com/1UNqH9Wd6Y— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 4, 2017
- Lukas Walker of DetroitLionsPodcast.com had an interesting look at the top 11 colleges that produce Detroit Lions players.
- It looks like a handful of players were happy that Chad Johnson stopped by training camp practice on Friday:
It was good seeing the big homie @ochocinco at practice today but I think he was slick scared to get this work ✊— Darius Slay (@_bigplayslay23) August 4, 2017
It was live seeing @ochocinco at practice today.. he wasn't tryna get any work tho!— Quandre Diggs (@qdiggs6) August 4, 2017
- In case you missed it from yesterday, Ryan Tannehill collapsed on the field yesterday after his leg buckled out from underneath him. There is still no clear prognosis on his leg—the same leg that suffered a sprain ACL and MCL last year—but this can’t be a good sign for the Miami Dolphins: