- Sirius XM’s Alex Marvez and former NFL GM Gil Brandt were at Detroit Lions camp on Sunday, and both seem pretty high on the team. Brandt, who previously said the Lions are the only team with a chance to unseat the Packers in the NFC North, thinks the Lions will finish with a winning record. “I think they will at least win nine games, and I think that they could possibly win 10 games,” Brandt told DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry.
- Props to Lions owner Martha Ford for sticking it out during the entirety of Detroit’s mock game on Saturday:
Martha Ford has stood on the sideline the entire practice with Rod Wood. She's in her 90s. That's impressive pic.twitter.com/XesIAtJonD— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) August 5, 2017
- This is pretty neat: Matthew Stafford was able to choose where the play clocks were placed as part of Ford Field’s new renovations.
- In case you missed the mock game, DetroitLions.com has highlights from the scrimmage at Ford Field.
- Former Lions linebacker Josh Bynes finally found a home in the NFL. He was picked up by Detroit’s Week 1 opponent—the Arizona Cardinals:
- Lions’ rookie tight end Michael Roberts has arms filled with tattoos that tell the story of his tough upbringing.
- Bryce Rossler of the Detroit Lions Podcast strung together a long series of Nevin Lawson GIFs to show that he was underappreciated in 2016:
(Bottom of screen) Lawson is a much better athlete than given credit for. Smooth hips, gets to top speed quickly, and is pretty fast, too. pic.twitter.com/BJeO2ehPOS— Bryce Rossler (@btrossler) August 4, 2017
Be sure to click here and scroll through all 20+ GIFs.
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein gave his new 53-man roster prediction, which, surprisingly, does not include cornerback D.J. Hayden.